Easy Weight Watchers French Onion Soup Recipe
Easy Weight Watchers French Onion Soup Recipe. This classic soup is a favorite comfort food, that’s easy to make.
It’s made with ingredients you probably already have at home: Olive oil, onion, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, red wine, dried thyme, Italian bread, and low-fat Swiss Cheese.
It’s low calorie, low carb, and low fat.
This healthy recipe is great as an appetizer, or lunch on a chilly Fall or Winter day.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 2 Green Plan
2 WW Smart Points
Personal Points will vary based on your individual plan.
Weight Watchers Miso Soup
Healthy Vegetarian Weight Watchers Kale Soup
Weight Watchers Polish Dill Pickle Soup
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Easy Weight Watchers French Onion Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 medium vidalia or yellow onions sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups low sodium beef broth
- 4 fluid ounces red wine
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 slices (2 inch each) Italian bread toasted
- 3 slices Low-fat Swiss cheese cut in half
- Place a large non-stick saucepan over medium/high heat. Add olive oil.
- In the saucepan, add onions. Cook, stirring often for approximately 10 minutes, or until the onions are softened.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and stir to mix.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook stirring often for approximately 25 minutes, or until onions are golden.
- Add beef broth, red wine, and dried thyme. Turn heat to medium/high, bring to a boil, reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer for approximately 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- On a jelly roll pan, arrange 6 – 10 ounce oven safe bowl.
- Lay a slice of toast in each bowl.
- Pour equal amounts of broth in each bowl, gently.
- Lay a half of a slice of cheese on top of each.
- In preheated oven, bake approximately 10 to 15 minutes, or until the soup is bubbling.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Chicken Sausage Calzones
- Baked Weight Watchers Vegetable Wontons
- Easy Chocolate Fudge Cookies (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers Beef and Potato Empanadas
- Weight Watchers Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!