Homemade Weight Watchers Ginger Snaps Recipe
Homemade Weight Watchers Ginger Snaps Recipe. These crispy treats are a classic Christmas cookie.
The spicy cookies smell great, and taste even better.
They’re quick and easy to make and done in just 20 minutes.
To make this recipe, you will need sugar, eggs, molasses, flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, cloves, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 5 Green Plan
5 WW Smart Points
Personal Points will vary based on your individual plan.
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Homemade Weight Watchers Ginger Snaps
- nonstick cooking spray as needed
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup molasses
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger (or to taste)
- 1½ teaspoon ground cloves (or to taste)
- 1½ teaspoon ground allspice (or to taste)
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1½ teaspoon ground nutmeg (or to taste)
- 1 cup sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare cookie sheets by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and 1½ cup sugar until combined and smooth.
- Add in eggs and mix well.
- Stir in molasses until well combined.
- In another large mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground ginger, ground cloves, ground allspice, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. (Add more of the spices if desired). Stir to mix well.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop to portion, roll cookie dough into 60 balls. Roll the balls lightly in white sugar.
- On prepared cookie sheets, arrange the balls approximately 2 inches apart.
- In preheated oven, bake approximately 10 – 15 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies crack. Increase the bake time for crispy ginger snaps, or decrease for softer ginger snaps.
- Place the cookie sheets on wire racks to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Turkish Lentil Soup
- Weight Watchers Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries
- Weight Watchers Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
- WW Quick and Easy 3 Ingredient Biscuits
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!