Quick Mexican Chicken Taquitos (Air Fryer) Recipe
Quick Mexican Chicken Taquitos (Air Fryer) Recipe. Packed with flavor and made with a combination of shredded chicken, green chiles, and Mexican cheeses, these taquitos are the perfect snack or meal for any occasion.
To make these taquitos, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients, including tortillas, shredded chicken, green chiles, and a blend of Mexican cheeses.
To give your taquitos an extra kick, you can also add some chopped jalapenos or other spicy ingredients.
If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to traditional deep-fried taquitos, these air fryer taquitos are the perfect choice.
They’re quick, easy, and packed with flavor, making them a great option for busy weeknights or game-day snacks.
Weight Watchers Points
4 Points (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 4 Blue Plan and 8 Green Plan
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Quick Mexican Chicken Taquitos (Air Fryer)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon diced onions
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon (4oz) diced green chiles chopped
- 2 tablespoon Mexican-style hot tomato sauce
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken shredded
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoon Neufchâtel cheese
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 6 corn tortillas
- avocado oil cooking spray
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until it becomes soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute until it becomes fragrant.
- Add green chiles and Mexican tomato sauce, stir to combine.
- Add shredded chicken, Mexican cheese blend, and Neufchâtel cheese.
- Cook and stir until the cheeses have melted and the mixture is warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat tortillas in a skillet or on a gas stove until they become soft and pliable.
- Place 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Fold the tortillas over and roll them into taquitos.
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the taquitos in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not touching.
- Mist the taquitos with avocado oil.
- Cook until they become golden brown, which will take 6 to 9 minutes.
- Turn the taquitos over, mist them with avocado oil, and air fry until they become crispy, which will take 3 to 5 minutes.
You May Also Like:
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
- WW Quick and Easy 3 Ingredient Biscuits
- Weight Watchers Holiday Pfeffernusse Cookies
- 25 Best Weight Watchers Pasta Recipes
- Weight Watchers Roasted Chestnuts (Air Fryer)
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!