Simple Weight Watchers Chicken Yakitori Recipe
Simple Weight Watchers Chicken Yakitori Recipe. Brimming with classic Japanese flavors, this low-calorie dish brings together succulent chicken and fresh scallions in an enticing homemade teriyaki marinade.
The ingredients you’ll need for this recipe are fairly straightforward: chicken, scallions, teriyaki sauce, and sesame oil.
We’ve kept it simple so you can whip up this recipe in a pinch, without having to run around town hunting for exotic ingredients.
What’s fantastic about this dish is its versatility. It’s brilliant as a main course, paired with a warm bowl of steamed rice or a side of crisp, colorful salad. It also works wonders as an appetizer if you’re hosting a get-together or a game night.
A couple of tips can help you nail this recipe. When marinating the chicken, make sure it’s coated well and evenly. This will ensure maximum flavor absorption. And when grilling, keep an eye on the chicken so it doesn’t burn, aiming for a beautiful, light char.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points 2 Blue Plan and 4 Green Plan
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. Please consult a doctor before changing your eating habits.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
Absolutely! You can prepare the marinade up to two days in advance and store it in the fridge.
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Heat thoroughly before serving.
Yes, you can. Although homemade sauce often has a fresher flavor, a high-quality store-bought teriyaki sauce can also work well in this recipe.
Aside from scallions, you could add bell peppers, mushrooms, or zucchini to your skewers for more variety and color.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Simple Weight Watchers Chicken Yakitori
- 8 Skewers
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add teriyaki sauce and sesame oil.
- Use a whisk to blend them thoroughly.
- Add the chicken to this mixture.
- Toss the chicken around to ensure it is well coated.
- Leave the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Spray your grill rack or grill pan with nonstick spray while it's not on the heat.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high, or get a medium-high fire going in a charcoal grill.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Transfer the remaining marinade into a small saucepan.
- Bring the marinade to a boil on the stove.
- Keep cooking the marinade until it turns syrupy, this should take about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut the white and light-green parts from each scallion into two pieces, each one about 1 1⁄2 to 2 inches long.
- Take eight 6-inch skewers and start threading.
- Alternate between threading three pieces of chicken and two pieces of scallion on each skewer.
- Apply nonstick spray to the prepared skewers.
- Grill the skewers until the chicken is slightly charred and thoroughly cooked. This should take around 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Check if the chicken is done by inserting a thermometer into the center, it should read 165°F.
- If you wish to grill more scallions for garnish, spray them with non-stick spray and grill them for about 1 minute per side.
- Brush the cooked skewers with the reduced marinade.
- Garnish with additional scallions if you have any left.
You May Also Like:
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken and Rice Recipes
- Quick Weight Watchers Veggie Burger
- Weight Watchers Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Best Weight Watchers Salmon Recipes
- 21 Weight Watchers Chicken Stir-Fry Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!