Weight Watchers Angel Food Cake Recipe
Weight Watchers Angel Food Cake Recipe. A delicious, light dessert that’s great when you crave something sweet.
This cake only calls for 7 ingredients that you probably already have on hand. You can enjoy this treat for dessert or breakfast.
It only has 137 calories, 0.1 grams of fat, and 74 mg of sodium. So, this is a healthier option for your sweet tooth.
Made with sugar, cake flour, salt, egg whites, cream of tarter, vanilla, and almond extract.
What is Angel Food Cake
This light and fluffy cake is made with egg whites, sugar, and flour. It’s perfect for dessert or a special occasion. Angel food cake can be served with fresh fruit or whipped cream.
What is an Angel Food Cake Pan, or a Tube Pan
An angel food cake pan is a specialized baking pan that is used to make angel food cakes. Angel food cakes are a light, fluffy type of cake that is made with whipped egg whites as the main leavening agent. Because they are so light and fluffy, angel food cakes can be a little tricky to bake properly if you don’t have the right kind of pan.
Can I Use a Bundt Pan
No, a bundt pan cannot be used to make Angel Food Cake. Well, you could, but I don’t recommend it. A bundt pan is designed for heavier cakes. Angel Food cake rises because of the egg whites, and it has less flour. This makes it a very light cake that needs to cling to the sides of the pan to rise. If you use a bundt pan, you may end up with a flat, dense cake.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 6 Green Plan
6 WW Smart Points
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
What to serve with
Weight Watchers Raspberry Sauce
A quick and easy recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes.
Weight Watchers Summer Fruit Salad
A sweet and refreshing side dish.
Weight Watchers Easy Applesauce
A delicious, kid-friendly side dish, or snack.
Weight Watchers Grilled Honey Pineapple
Made with honey, butter, salt, and red pepper sauce.
Weight Watchers Cinnamon Cappuccino With Non-Fat Milk
Make your favorite cappuccino at home!
Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Mix
A low calorie, low fat dessert.
Weight Watchers Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
This quick and easy WW friendly dessert is perfect for the chocolate lover who doesn’t want all of the sugar
Weight Watchers Light Frappuccino (Starbucks Copycat)
A quick and easy 7 minute recipe for the coffee lover!
Weight Watchers Angel Food Cake
- Note: Do not preheat oven
- Using a sifter, and a medium sized mixing bowl, sift together sugar, flour, and salt. Repeat 4 times, then set aside for later.
- Using a stand mixer, or a hand mixer and a mixing bowl, use the whisk attachment, add egg whites. Beat until stiff peaks form, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add cream of tarter, vanilla extract, and almond extract, and beat until just combined.
- A little at a time, fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- In an ungreased 10 inch angel food cake pan (tube pan), add the batter.
- Place the angel food cake pan in the cold oven.
- Set oven to 325° F
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until the cake becomes golden brown.
- Invert cake pan (Turn it upside down, resting on the built in feet of the pan) to cool. When the cake as completely cooled, take it out of the pan.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Classic Ginger Cookies
- Weight Watchers Turkish Lentil Soup
- Weight Watchers Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries
- Weight Watchers Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!