Weight Watchers Baked Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
Weight Watchers Baked Mozzarella Sticks Recipe with dipping sauce. Who doesn’t love mozzarella sticks? They’re crispy, gooey, and cheesy – perfect for a snack or appetizer.
But what if you could make them at home, without deep frying? This is a healthier version of the classic fried appetizer.
They are great for your next party, game day, or for a snack.
You make these with olive oil, garlic, tomato sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, sugar, panko, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, flour, egg whites, and mozzarella string cheese.
These baked mozzarella sticks are just as delicious as the fried version, but much healthier for you.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 2 Blue Plan, and 2 Green Plan,
2 WW Freestyle Points and 2 Smart Points.
How many Personal Points are they for you?
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
What to serve with
Weight Watchers Portobello Personal Pizza
A quick and easy pizza recipe is healthier than traditional pizza.
Weight Watchers Chicken And Avocado Nachos
This tasty snack, appetizer, or casual dinner recipe is easy to make, and will be a hit with your guests, or family.
Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Chicken Sliders
This easy and delicious recipe is a great dinner, or lunch option.
Weight Watchers Pita Pizza
You don’t have to skip the pizza, you can make your own healthier version using pita bread!
Weight Watchers Grilled Buffalo Wings
An easy 6 ingredient cookout recipe that’s full of flavor.
Weight Watchers Baked Jalapeno Poppers
A favorite spicy appetizer or side dish that’s baked, not fried.
Weight Watchers Pita Pizza
This is a quick and easy lunch, or dinner that you will have ready in just 12 minutes.
Weight Watchers Grilled Hamburgers
A quick and easy meal that’s great for Game Day that’s ready in just 18 minutes.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Weight Watchers Baked Mozzarella Sticks
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ⅛ tsp granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp unseasoned panko
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites lightly scrambled
- 4 sticks part-skim mozzarella string cheese
- In a medium sized saucepan, add olive oil.
- Place saucepan over medium/low heat for approximately 1 minute.
- Add garlic, and saute for approximately 1 minute.
- Add 15 ounces tomato sauce, salt, red pepper flakes, and sugar. Stir to mix.
- Heat, stirring occasionally until the sauce just starts to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take saucepan off of heat.
- In the meantime, in a shallow bowl, add panko bread crumbs, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- On a small plate, add flour.
- In a shallow dish, add egg whites.
- Roll each string cheese in the flour, gently shake to remove excess, then dip in the egg whites, gently shake to remove excess, then roll in the breadcrumbs,
- On a baking sheet, place the cheese sticks leaving approximately 2 inches between.
- Using olive oil flavored cooking spray, spray the cheese sticks.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for one hour, and place the sauce in the refrigerator.
- After 45 minutes, preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Place baking sheet with cheese sticks in the preheated oven, and bake for approximately 8 – 10 minutes, or until the cheese sticks are just heated through, but not completely melted.
- In the meantime, reheat the sauce, either on the stove in a small saucepan, or in the microwave for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
You May Also Like:
- Easy Weight Watchers Homemade Mocha
- Weight Watchers Cheesy Cheddar Broccoli Frittata
- Healthy Vegetarian Weight Watchers Kale Soup
- Weight Watchers Roasted Squash and Carrots
- Weight Watchers Chicken Fingers (and Barbecue Sauce)
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!