Weight Watchers Mexican Beans and Rice Casserole Recipe
Weight Watchers Mexican Beans and Rice Casserole Recipe. If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious dish to add to your weekly meal rotation, look no further!
This meal is a great comfort food dinner that’s made with pinto beans, brown rice, corn, Mexican cheese, fat-free sour cream, scallions, green chile peppers, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
This casserole is packed with flavor, and it’s a great way to enjoy tasty Mexican cuisine while sticking to your healthy eating lifestyle.
Plus, it’s really easy to make – perfect for those busy weeknights, because you can make it ahead, and just pop it in the oven. Give this recipe a try today!
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 6 Green Plan,
6 WW Smart Points.
Weight Watchers Mexican Ground Beef Casserole
Weight Watchers Chicken Taco Casserole
Weight Watchers King Ranch Tex-Mex Casserole
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
What to serve with
Weight Watchers Baked Jalapeno Poppers
A classic appetizer made healthier by using Panko bread crumbs, and baking in the oven.
Weight Watchers Quick And Easy Tortilla Soup
You can whip up this recipe in just 20 minutes so it makes a great lunch, appetizer, or dinner.
Weight Watchers Tomato And Avocado Salad
A tasty vegetarian salad that’s the perfect lunch, appetizer, or side dish.
Weight Watchers Low Fat Pita Chips
A healthy alternative to potato chips.
Weight Watchers Angel Food Cake
A delicious, light dessert that’s great when you crave something sweet.
Weight Watchers Sea Salt Chocolate Tartlets
These delicious bite-sized treats are a great option when you are craving chocolate.
Weight Watchers Zucchini Brownies
A scrumptious and healthier chocolate dessert.
Weight Watchers Mexican Wedding Cookies
A quick and easy 26 minute dessert
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Weight Watchers Mexican Beans and Rice Casserole
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup long grain brown rice cooked
- 1 cup corn drained, or frozen, thawed
- ⅞ cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend shredded, divided.
- ¾ cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoon scallions chopped (dark green part only)
- 1 tablespoon green chile peppers chopped
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare a 2 quart, glass baking dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Separate 2 tablespoons of the Mexican cheese and set aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, add pinto beans, cooked brown rice, corn, Mexican cheese (minus the reserved 2 tablespoons), sour cream, scallions, green chile peppers, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish, and spread to an even layer.
- In preheated oven, bake 30 minutes.
- Remove casserole from the oven, and sprinkle the reserved 2 tablespoons of Mexican cheese on top.
- Place casserole back in the oven and back approximately 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and just starts to bubble.
- Remove casserole from the oven, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut to 6 equals size pieces.
You May Also Like:
- Quick Weight Watchers Chicken Nachos
- Weight Watchers Chicken Sausage Calzones
- Baked Weight Watchers Vegetable Wontons
- Easy Chocolate Fudge Cookies (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers Beef and Potato Empanadas
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!