Weight Watchers Mexican Avocado Turkey Burgers Recipe
Weight Watchers Mexican Avocado Turkey Burgers. These burgers are a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional beef burgers, featuring lean turkey meat and the creamy goodness of avocado.
The Mexican-inspired flavors in this recipe will transport your taste buds south of the border for an unforgettable culinary experience.
Whether you’re trying to eat healthier or just looking for a new twist on the classic burger, these turkey burgers are sure to satisfy.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 5 Green Plan
5 WW Smart Points
Personal Points will vary based on your individual plan.
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Mexican Turkey Burgers with Mashed Avocado
- 1 red onion
- 1 red sweet pepper seeded
- 1 jalapeno peppers seeded
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 pound lean ground turkey breast
- reduced-calorie hamburger buns
- ½ ripe avocado mashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 fresh tomato cut into 4 thick slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Cut the onion into four even pieces. Set aside one piece for later.
- In a food processor or by hand, finely chop the remaining three onion pieces, the pepper, cilantro, lime juice, oregano, cumin, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, fold the breadcrumbs and ground turkey into the vegetable mixture. Form the mixture into four patties and place in the refrigerator until ready to grill (up to two days in advance). (Alternative: Make smaller patties to make sliders)
- To make the avocado topping, mince the remaining onion piece and place one tablespoon in a small bowl. Set aside the rest of the minced onion for garnish. Add the avocado, cilantro, lime juice, and cumin to the bowl and season with salt to taste.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Grill the burgers until cooked through (the internal temperature should reach at least 165ºF), flipping once, about 5-6 minutes per side. Grill the buns until toasted.
- To serve, place each burger on a toasted bun and top with a tomato slice, lettuce, about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the avocado spread, and a sprinkle of the reserved minced onion.
You May Also Like:
- Score Big with These Weight Watchers Game Day Recipes
- Smoked Salmon and Egg in an Avocado (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers Best Blueberry Muffins
- Weight Watchers Tomato Basil Pizza
- Weight Watchers Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!