Weight Watchers Meyer Lemon Roast Chicken Recipe
Weight Watchers Meyer Lemon Roast Chicken Recipe. With simple ingredients like chicken, lemon, and shallots, this dish is easy to make and packed with flavor.
Lemon Chicken pairs wonderfully with a variety of side dishes. Whether you prefer mashed potatoes, a fresh salad, or steamed vegetables, this chicken will complement your meal beautifully.
This easy dinner will be your new favorite!
A helpful tip: Allow the roasted chicken to rest before serving to keep it juicy.
Weight Watchers Points
3 Points (2022/2024 Plan)
MyWW Points: 3 Blue Plan and 9 Green Plan
3 WW Freestyle Points and 9 Smart Points
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Roast Chicken with Meyer Lemons and Shallot Sauce
- Mini Food Processor
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and get a medium-sized roasting pan ready.
- Take the chicken and sprinkle it with ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Fold the chicken's wings under it and tie its legs together using kitchen string. Now, place the chicken in the roasting pan with its breast facing up.
- Put the lemon halves, cut side down, into the roasting pan around the chicken. Also, scatter the shallots around the chicken.
- Roast the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes. After that, add some broth to the pan. Keep roasting until a thermometer stuck into the chicken's thigh shows 165°F (about 74°C). This will take around 30 minutes more.
- Once it's done, take the chicken out of the oven and let it sit on a cutting board for about 10 minutes.
- After the chicken has cooled a bit, chop the shallots into small pieces. Put these shallots into a mini-food processor.
- Remove any fat from the juices in the pan. Add those juices, along with the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper, into the food processor. Pulse it until the sauce becomes smooth.
- To carve the chicken. Cut it into pieces and divide them among 6 plates. Sprinkle some parsley on top.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce and the lemon halves. Just remember to remove the skin before eating.
You May Also Like