Weight Watchers Shakshouka (Eggs with a Twist) Recipe
Weight Watchers Shakshouka (Eggs with a Twist) Recipe. This is more than just your ordinary egg dish; it’s a satisfyingly hearty meal that’s low on calories yet big on flavor.
The shakshouka combines eggs, fresh vegetables like spinach, tomatoes, onion, and mushrooms, and a dash of cumin for a tantalizing twist. There’s also a bit of heat coming from hot pepper sauce to give this dish a kick!
When it comes to serving, this vibrant dish pairs wonderfully with a slice of whole-grain bread for breakfast or a side salad for a light lunch or dinner. Feel free to add bell peppers, zucchini, or any of your favorite veggies.
Don’t forget to use a large enough skillet to accommodate all the eggs without them touching. A handy tip for perfectly cooked eggs is to slide them gently into the skillet. It’s key to let them simmer on low heat until they set – patience is your best friend here!
Weight Watchers Points
1 Point (2022/2023 Plan)
MyWW Points: 1 Blue Plan and 8 Green Plan
1 WW Freestyle Point and 8 Smart Points
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Absolutely! Feel free to add any vegetables of your choice, such as bell peppers, zucchini, or even sweet potatoes.
Whole grain bread, pita, or any rustic bread works well with shakshouka.
You can add more hot pepper sauce or use diced fresh chili peppers to add more heat.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
Shakshouka (Tomato and Egg Stew)
- Set a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add oil into the skillet.
- Add garlic and onion into the same skillet.
- Keep stirring the garlic and onion for around 3 minutes until they soften.
- Mix in the mushrooms into the skillet.
- Stir the mushrooms frequently for about 3 to 5 minutes until they brown.
- Put spinach and cumin into the skillet.
- Stir the mixture until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Add in tomatoes, tomato paste, hot pepper sauce, and salt into the skillet.
- Stir these ingredients until they begin to simmer.
- Break one egg into a small cup.
- Gently slide the egg from the cup into the skillet.
- Repeat the process for each egg, leaving enough space between each one in the skillet.
- Cover the skillet with a lid.
- Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer until the eggs are just right, which should take about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Take the skillet off the heat.
- Sprinkle parsley on top to garnish your dish.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Classic Ginger Cookies
- Weight Watchers Turkish Lentil Soup
- Weight Watchers Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries
- Weight Watchers Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!