Weight Watchers Cornbread (Gluten Free) Recipe
Weight Watchers Cornbread (Gluten Free) Recipe. There’s nothing quite like a warm slice of cornbread, straight out of the oven.
And while there are plenty of boxed mixes available, you can’t beat the taste of homemade cornbread. Plus, it’s easy to make gluten-free cornbread from scratch. All you need is a few ingredients, and you’re on your way to enjoy a delicious piece of cornbread.
This homemade Southern classic is better than the boxed versions, and not as difficult to make as you would think.
It’s made with cornmeal, sorghum flour, white bean flour, tapioca flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, egg substitute, sugar, yogurt, margarine, and orange juice.
The next time you’re in the mood for some comfort food, give this recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 6 Green Plan
6 WW Smart Points
Personal Points will vary based on your individual plan.
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass. The Points Glass Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares
Fun but practical! The measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces.
Cornmeal is a versatile food that can be used in a variety of dishes. It is made from dried corn, and can be ground into a fine or coarse meal.
Cornmeal is popular in southern cooking, and is often used to make cornbread and hushpuppies.
Cornmeal is a healthy alternative to flour, and it is gluten-free. It is high in fiber and protein, and it contains essential vitamins and minerals.
Yogurt is a versatile food that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. It is made from milk that has been fermented by adding bacteria, and it has a creamy texture and slightly sour taste. Yogurt is packed with protein and other nutrients, making it a healthy choice for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
What to serve with
Weight Watchers Brown Sugar Pork Chops
These baked pork chops are glazed with a sauce of Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, ketchup, and brown sugar.
Weight Watchers Oven-Baked Baby Back Ribs
Made with dijon mustard, smoked paprika, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, nutmeg, and sweet and spicy barbecue sauce.
Weight Watchers Mexican Pork Chops
Made with bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, green chilies, corn, salsa, oregano, and cumin.
Weight Watchers Scrambled Eggs With Tomatoes
An easy and tasty breakfast, brunch, or dinner option.
Weight Watchers Honey Garlic Pork Chops
A quick and easy dinner recipe. You can make this meal on an outdoor grill, or an indoor grill.
Weight Watchers Homemade Apple Butter
Made with only 5 ingredients: Apples, sugar, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, and salt.
Weight Watchers Ham And Cheese Omelet
A quick and easy breakfast, brunch, or dinner recipe that you will have ready in 15 minutes.
Weight Watchers Bacon Egg Cups
A fun breakfast or brunch recipe that’s great when you have a lot of people, or just a few.
Weight Watchers Cornbread (Gluten Free)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup sorghum flour
- ¼ cup white bean flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon egg substitute
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon margarine melted
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Prepare an 8×8 baking pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together cornmeal, sorghum flour, white bean flour, tapioca flour, cornstarch, and xanthan gum. Set aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, yogurt, margarine, and orange juice. Stir to mix well.
- In the large mixing bowl with the wet ingredients, add in the dry ingredient mixture until just combined. Don't over mix.
- In the prepared baking dish, pour in the mixture, and spread to an even layer.
- In preheated oven, bake approximately 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cornbread will spring back when pressed gently at the center.
- Cut into 9 equal sized squares.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Classic Ginger Cookies
- Weight Watchers Turkish Lentil Soup
- Weight Watchers Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries
- Weight Watchers Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 10 Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Recipes
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!