Simple Weight Watchers Chili Macaroni Recipe
Chili mac is a childhood favorite for many, this hearty dish is the perfect comfort food when you’re short on time. It’s so easy to make!
This hearty dish combines the rich flavor of beef chili with tender macaroni noodles, making it a filling and satisfying meal.
The best thing about chili macaroni is that it is easy to make. Simply cook the beef and noodles in a saucepan, then add your favorite chili seasoning. Once everything is heated through, you’re ready to dig in.
To make this one skillet meal,you will need ground beef, onion, tomato sauce, Mexican-style tomatoes, green chile peppers, chili powder, ground cumin, whole wheat elbow macaroni, and kidney beans.
Serve with a green salad and some crusty bread for a complete meal.
Whether you crave something spicy or you’re looking for a cozy comfort food, chili macaroni is sure to hit the spot.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 8 Green Plan
8 WW Smart Points
Personal Points will vary based on your individual plan.
Ground beef is a versatile and affordable option for many meals. It is made from grinding up cuts of beef, which helps to tenderize the meat.
Ground beef can be used in a variety of dishes, including burgers, meatloaves, and tacos. When shopping for ground beef, it is important to check the labels carefully.
The USDA grades ground beef based on the percentage of fat content. The three grades are 70% lean/30% fat, 80% lean/20% fat, and 90% lean/10% fat.
The leaner the ground beef, the more expensive it will be. However, leaner ground beef also has less saturated fat and cholesterol.
Kidney beans are a type of legume that is native to Central and South America.
They get their name from their shape, which resembles a kidney.
Kidney beans are a popular ingredient in many dishes, such as chili and red beans and rice.
They are also a good source of protein, fiber, and nutrients.
What to serve with
Weight Watchers Cornbread (Gluten Free)
There’s nothing quite like a warm slice of cornbread, straight out of the oven.
Best Weight Watchers Southern Biscuits
Whether they’re served with breakfast, lunch, or dinner (or all three), biscuits are an enduring part of Southern culture.
Simple Weight Watchers Instant Pot® Brussels Sprouts
This quick and easy vegetable side dish is ready in just 26 minutes.
Weight Watchers Peas With Mushrooms
A super quick and easy vegetarian side dish recipe with mushrooms, green onions, marjoram, nutmeg, and peas.
Weight Watchers Lemon Cheesecake Bars (Without Crust)
If you’re looking for a light and refreshing dessert that’s still packed with flavor, then these bars are for you!
Simple Strawberry Cream Cheese Mousse (Weight Watchers)
This strawberry cream cheese mousse is light and fluffy, with a perfect balance of sweet and tangy. It’s easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Simple Weight Watchers Chili Macaroni
- 12 ounce 96% lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1¼ cups tomato sauce
- 1 can (14½oz) Mexican-style tomatoes undrained
- 2 tablespoon green chile peppers diced, drained
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup whole wheat elbow macaroni uncooked
- 1 can (15oz) kidney beans with liquid rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet, add ground beef and onion. Cook and breakup the ground beef approximately 10 minutes, or until it is fully cooked and browned.
- Using a colander, drain the grease off of the ground beef mixture.
- Return the ground beef to the skillet, and add tomato sauce, Mexican-style tomatoes (with the liquid), drained green chile peppers, chili powder, and ground cumin.
- Stir to mix well, then bring to a boil.
- When boiling, add whole wheat elbow macaroni, kidney beans.
- Stir to mix, and bring to a boil again.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer approximately 15 minutes, or until the macaroni is at desired tenderness.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Easy Decadent Truffles (No Bake)
- Quick Air-Fryer Brussels Sprouts (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers French Toast Banana Casserole
- Easy Air Fryer Turkey Breast (Weight Watchers)
- Low Calorie Chicken Breast Recipes – 150 Calories or Less
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!