Weight Watchers Chinese Chicken lo Mein Recipe
Weight Watchers Chinese Chicken lo Mein Recipe. This tasty dinner, or side dish is a popular take-out meal, but you can make it home too.
It’s made with low mein egg noodles, sesame oil, chicken, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, cornstarch, mushrooms, bell pepper, coleslaw, snow peas, garlic, ginger, and shallots.
I don’t know about you, but when I’m craving Chinese food, nothing else will do. Thankfully, with a little creativity, you can make a delicious and healthy version of your favorite Chinese dish right at home.
It’s simple to make and definitely satisfies that craving!
It’s made with lots of fresh vegetables and lean protein, and it tastes great!
What is lo Mein
Lo Mein is a popular dish found in Chinese cuisine. It is made with wheat noodles and a variety of vegetables, meats, or seafood.
The dish can be prepared in many different ways, making it a versatile meal choice.
Lo Mein can be served as a main course or a side dish.
Although the ingredients may vary, the most common version of lo mein contains chicken, shrimp, and vegetables.
This dish is healthy and satisfying, making it a popular choice for both adults and children.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 10 Green Plan
10 WW Smart Points
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
What to serve with
Weight Watchers Vegetarian Pot Stickers
A favorite Asian appetizer that’s great for your next party.
Weight Watchers Chinese Wonton Soup
It’s also surprisingly easy to make, so you can enjoy it any time you want.
The Best Weight Watchers Egg Drop Soup
If you’ve never made egg drop soup before, don’t worry – this recipe is easy to follow.
Weight Watchers Chicken Egg Drop Soup
Soup is a great choice for busy days. Quick and easy, and ready in 10 minutes.
Weight Watchers 3 Ingredient Soda Cake
This simple cake is great to tame your sweet tooth, without feeling guilty.
Weight Watchers Lemon Jello Pudding
An easy and refreshing guilt-free dessert.
Weight Watchers Banana Ice Cream
This kid-friendly treat is gluten free, vegetarian, and low fat.
Weight Watchers Air Fryer Funnel Cakes
A classic Fair or Festival treat that’s a little healthier made in your Air Fryer.
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Weight Watchers Chinese Chicken lo Mein
- 10 ounces lo mein egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into thin strips
- 4½ tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce divided
- 3 teaspoons rice wine vinegar divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper cut into strips
- 2 cups coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 1 cup snow peas halved
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root peeled, grated
- ½ cup water
- 4 medium shallots sliced
- Prepare lo mein egg noodles according to the package instructions.
- Drain noodles in a colander, and rinse with cold water.
- Place the cooked noodles in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, and toss to coat.
- In another medium sized mixing bowl, add chicken, 1½ tablespoons soy sauce, and 2 teaspoons vinegar, and the cornstarch. Toss to coat.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium/high heat.
- In the skillet, add 2 teaspoons of the canola oil,
- Add prepared chicken, cook approximately 5 minutes, or until the chicken is browned lightly, stirring frequently.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside for later.
- In the same skillet, over medium/high heat, add 1 teaspoon of canola oil.
- When the oil is hot, add mushrooms and red bell pepper, Stir and cook for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add in the coleslaw mix, snow peas, garlic, and ginger. Cook and stir approximately 3 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the prepared lo mein egg noodles, water, scallions, and 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon vinegar.
- Toss, using tongs to coat well, and heat through.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, and toss to mix in. Cook until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
You May Also Like:
- Weight Watchers Tomato Salad with Grilled Italian Bread
- Weight Watchers Strawberry Vanilla Protein Shake
- Best Tuna Salad Lettuce Wrap (Weight Watchers)
- Best Grilled French Toast (Weight Watchers)
- Easy Homemade Weight Watchers Tomato Sauce