Weight Watchers Spicy Mushrooms Appetizer Recipe
Weight Watchers Spicy Mushrooms Appetizer Recipe. Do you love mushrooms? Well, if you do, you’re going to love this recipe!
This quick and easy recipe is ready in just 35 minutes, so it’s the perfect last minute appetizer or snack.
You will make this with button mushrooms, olive oil, red sweet pepper, onion, frozen spinach, whole wheat bread, Creole seasoning, and turmeric.
It’s the perfect healthy appetizer for any party, Game Day, or get-together, and it only has 1 Smart Point per serving.
So, what are you waiting for? Whip up a batch of these delicious mushrooms today!
What are Button Mushrooms
Button mushrooms are a type of mushroom that are small and round. They have a smooth, white cap and a pale stalk.
Button mushrooms are one of the most common types of mushrooms, and they can be eaten raw or cooked.
Weight Watchers Points
MyWW Points: 1 Blue Plan and 1 Green Plan,
1 WW Freestyle Point and 1 Smart Point.
How many Personal Points on your plan?
We add new recipes almost every day, so check back often!
We are not affiliated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options. We do not give any advice on diet or eating habits. Please consult a doctor before changing your diet.
Double check points on the official calculator.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links may be affiliate links where I make a small commission if you purchase anything after clicking a link. There is no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love wine? Check out this cute wine glass! The Weight Watchers Points Stemless Wine Glass. 3 Points, 5 Points, Who Cares?
Fun but practical! Measurements are at 4 ounces, 7 ounces, and 10 ounces. Don’t forget to convert the points to your WW Personal Points for your individual plan.
What to serve with
Air-Fryer Weight Watchers Buffalo Cauliflower
A healthy version of classic Buffalo wings.
Weight Watchers Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
A tasty grilled appetizer recipe that’s low calorie and low carb.
Weight Watchers Grilled Zucchini Rolls
Quick and easy 23 minute recipe.
Weight Watchers Grilled Buffalo Wings
If you like hot, you will love these wings!
Weight Watchers Baked Lumpia
A traditional Filipino treat made healthier by baking instead of frying.
Weight Watchers Spinach Dip
Perfect for your next party, or Holiday dinner.
Weight Watchers Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
A healthier, vegetarian substitute for Buffalo Chicken Wings.
Weight Watchers Hot Pizza Dip
Quick and Easy, ready in 15 minutes!
If you’re interested in seeing the tools and equipment we use in our kitchen, we have them posted here.
Need to make more or fewer servings?
On Desktop, hover over “Servings” # and move the slider to desired number of servings.
If you make this recipe, comment below with what your Personal Points came to so others can see the range of points.
Weight Watchers Spicy Mushrooms Appetizer
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound button mushrooms about 24 large mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup red sweet pepper chopped
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 10 ounce chopped frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 2½ slices whole wheat bread chopped into bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning or cajun seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Prepare a jelly roll pan by lightly spraying with Pam cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Separate the stems from the mushrooms. Set aside the mushroom caps for later. Chop the stems fined.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil. Place skillet over high heat.
- In the skillet, add chopped mushroom stems, red sweet pepper, onion, and spinach.
- Saute for approximately 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Take the skillet off the heat, add whole wheat bread, creole seasoning, and turmeric. Stir to mix well.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the mixture in each of the mushroom caps.
- On a jellyroll pan, place the stuffed mushrooms, stuffing side up.
- In preheated oven, bake 15 minutes, uncovered.
You May Also Like:
- Quick Air-Fryer Brussels Sprouts (Weight Watchers)
- Weight Watchers French Toast Banana Casserole
- Easy Air Fryer Turkey Breast (Weight Watchers)
- Low Calorie Chicken Breast Recipes – 150 Calories or Less
- Weight Watchers Turkey Tamale Casserole
Need an easy way to portion your serving sizes? Check out this Portion Control Serving Utensil Set.
It comes with 2, 4, 6, and 8 ounce ladles. The perfect way to stay on plan!